The Moon Keycap Set Updates
Important announcement for The Moon GB:
1. As of today, all The Moon keycap sets have left our warehouse and in transit to our shipping company. If no COVID disaster happens, you guys should receive Fulfillment Email with tracking number within this week.
2. The $20 discount code will be sent to your email (which you used for order confirmation).
3. In the meantime, we are still waiting for the BoW set. Once received, it will be available for your to buy at $20 with free shipping (or heavily discounted shipping).
04/08/2022All the Moon keycap sets are in our warehouse. As we are waiting for designer to ship the bonus BoW set. Designer still haven't been able to access the warehouse. We are also considering place another order of BoW sets for this. If we don't have any good news in coming week, we will consider alternative plan. In the meantime, you may request cancellation for full refund at anytime or request to ship the main set right away by sending an email to our support email. We sincerely sorry about this delay! Thank you for your understanding and long support!
Due to the Covid-19 restriction in Shenzhen, the bonus BoW set is currently locked in designer's warehouse. Because all other items are ready to go.
We are offering 2 options:
You can keep waiting until the Covid lockdown is lifted and the BoW bonus set is delivered to our warehouse. We believe this can take another month or so. To go with option 1, you don't have to do anything.
If you don’t want to wait anymore, you can request to ship your order without the BoW set, and get a $20 OFF discount code (won’t expire) which can be used for any products on ClickClack in future. Simply use the email address you used for the Moon order to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, share the order number with us and request to ship. We will confirm by sharing the discount code with you in the reply, and your order will be shipped within 3 business days. When your order is shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number.
1. Spacebars: 7U spacebar and 1.5Us are ready and all packed. However, designer informed us that 2.75U and 3U spacebars won’t be included because blank spacebars in these two sizes are currently not available from the keycap manufacturer. From making PBT Molding to production keys, it will take another 3-6 month. We don't want to delay the Moon any longer, so we will ship all GB orders without 2.75U and 3U spacebars. For those who still want these two spacebars, please reply to your order confirmation email and put in a request. Our support team will arrange separate shipment in 6 months.
2. Shipping: PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS BY 11:59PM EST, Dec 31st, 2021. After that, no shipping address update will be allowed. Simply reply to order confirmation email and send us your new address plus cell phone number. Another update on shipping: as many of you probably have heard, shipping cost has been increasing dramatically over the past year due to COVID, our original quote on shipping has been outdated for a while. To avoid extra shipping cost for everyone, we have decided to change shipping partners globally, so the package might come in from alternative delivery services other than the one on your order confirmation.
3. To compensate delays and changes, here is a final list of bonus items:
A. Additional 15 novelty keys for every set
B. Bonus BoW keycap set for every set
C. A 10% chance to win The Moon aluminum artisan in package
For pictures of these bonus content, check out #📰product-pics channel in our Discord. It has been a long journey to make The Moon set happen. Sincerely, we thank you for your trust and continuous support! We know that we have made many mistakes in our first GB, but we will learn from those and serve you better. The Moon buyers have been like family to us, and we can’t wait to bring you more exciting products like Angle in 2022.
7U has arrived and dyesub is going on. We will start to fulfill orders soon. Now is the time to confirm your shipping address or update your shipping address. If you need to update your shipping address, please USE YOUR ORIGINAL EMAIL address (for verification purpose) to send email to "email@example.com" including YOUR ORDER#. Shamelessly, follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clickclack_io
1. White Moon sets have been completed and Blood&Blue Moons has around 80 sets to be made.
2. 7U and 1.5U keys have arrived and will be start dyesub soon.
3. Bonus BoW sets are ready. Wait to be sorted.
According to designer, we are looking to have The Moon international orders to be shipped in December. Most of Chinese orders are fulfilled and production of international orders are near to the end. Currently, both all produced sets are waiting for blank 7U spacebar and 1.5U from suppliers. And bonus BoW sets are being made too.
Designer has finished the production of CN orders and has started to produce International GB orders.
1. Designer has finished the production most of White&Blood Moon for CN orders. Will start to produce International GB orders soon.
2. New packaging box has arrived. Shared some new packaging pictures in our Discord #jda-the-moon channel. The white boxes in pictures are the new boxes. However, designer is still waiting for the new plastic liner used to hold the keycaps.
3. Shipment of blank 7U spacebar and 1.5U keys got delayed because of power shortage in Guangdong.
1. Designer has started the fulfillment of Chinese GB orders. Some customer pictures below. The Moon's color aligns better with original design compares with JDA (especially row 3 and 4). Noted that the plastic tray is the old one, new one will arrive at designer's warehouse soon (the Chinese National Day (Oct 1-7th) is coming up). We are looking to see more pictures once more customer in CN GB receives The Moon. Please join our Discord Server in #product-pictures channel for pictures!
2. As some of you guys may know, many region in China is currently experiencing power shortage. Many factories has been forced to shutdown because of this. But DON'T panic yet, designer's production line is not impacted.
We have been closely working with the designer the past few days to get a definite answer to the manufacturing problem and we would like to share some updates with you:
1. State of Drunken Inks manufacturing issue: After some experiments with the Drunken Inks new molding system, the process of making additional spacebars to match existing keycap sets became more complicated. Same dyesub machine can produce different color when temperature is slightly different. They may have to remake other keys with spacebar together in order to match the gradient color (because the sculpture and gradient color, every single row is different). Yield rate was greatly impacted and Drunken Ink can’t produce our keycaps with consistent QA rate, which means if we stick with them, we will have to wait indefinitely for them to finish the sets, as they have to prioritize production keycaps orders. This being said, the designer has made a tough decision to stop waiting for Drunken Ink and manufacture the sets himself with a similar but new profile. This means the designer has more control over manufacturing speed and quality of this set.
Good news is that while we are waiting for Drunken Inks experiments, the designer has started the sample making process and the color matching result is pretty exciting.
Some more detail about the new profile:
- Same as JDA, its height is similar to OEM. Also sculpted, but with larger spherical contact surface
- Caps has similar silky touch and better quality
- Raw PBT formula with better support for gradient color Please see below pictures for color matching result and profile comparison.
2. Timeline - the designer already kicked off the manufacturing process and is expected to finish our sets by the early Nov. We are looking to ship in December.
3. Compensation for the delay - this is ClickClack’s very first drop and we sincerely apologize for the delay and all the inconveniences. As compensation for the delay and thank you for your trust, patience & support, we have purchased Black on White (BoW) keycap sets from the designer and give them to all The Moon international GB participants. Free of charge — we will cover both the keycap set and extra shipping costs.
About this BoW set:
- OEM Profile
- Around 120 keys
- High quality Dyesub PBT Keycaps
- Made by The Moon designer’s own factory
In the end, we totally understand that you might not want to wait anymore even with the free bonus set, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will offer a full refund.
And for those who will continue to wait with us, we appreciate your support and patience.
Feel free to ask any questions via email@example.com, as always, we will try our best to answer. Again, we truly appreciate your trust, continued support and patience!
We have confirmed again that ALL sets for global orders (orders placed with us, plus extras) have passed QC and have arrived at designer’s warehouse. These sets are different than the flaw sets and are waiting for additional spacebars (7U, 3U, 2.75U). Designer told us that new molding system (previous one had injection point issue) for these spacebars arrived Drunken Ink (manufacturer) on 7/21. Manufacturer is setting things up and will start to produce new spacebars soon. Drunken Ink have stopped to make more The Moon sets because Chinese GB orders will be fulfilled with different profile. Because of The Moon’s gradient color, yield rate is much lower than regular Dye-sub sets (sometimes temperature change in same machine may produce different color). However, these additional spacebars for global orders will still be made by Drunken Ink. Designer and us are pushing manufacturer for a more affirmative timeline before we consider other options for these spacebars. We will share it here ASAP.
Once we have these manufacturing issues sorted out, we will finalize bonus content to compensate for delay of The Moon sets. We are truly grateful for your understanding and trust! We hope these will resolve the confusions.
Together with The Moon designer and manufacturer, we feel very sorry for the delay!
Again, we will send out emails and notify in Discord to confirm shipping address before we ship. You can wait for that email if you would like to change your shipping address.
Manufacturer has finished most of the QC parts. However, due to the recent resurgence of COVID-19 cases and movement restriction in Guangdong Province (where Drunken Ink is located), PBT material delivery and molding process for final batch of QC parts got delayed. Sadly, our designer's trip to factory got cancelled. We sorry to say that fulfillment process for the Moon may be delayed into July 2021.
Manufacturing of QC replacement keys are still in process, due to complexity of the Moon's gradient color. Manufacture told us that this QC process is taking longer than expected and they are looking at finishing this process around beginning of June.
Production have finished for all 3 colorways.
Manufacture is producing QC replacement keycaps for all 3 colorways. This process is more complex and takes longer than we expected, due to the nature of The Moon's gradient color.
The Moon's White Moon sets' production have finished and under QC.
Blue and Blood Moon sets are in production.
We are on track to finish production of all set around end of April.
JDA The Moon is in production. We are looking at finishing all orders before end of April.
Color matching and pre production validation has started. Our designer is on site. (Please go to our Discord server under #keebs-flex channel for teaser pictures)
Production will take longer than we expected, due to the upcoming Chinese National holiday. We are on track for our fulfillment timeline.
We are looking to start manufacturing JDA The Moon on around March 30th
All 3 color ways' complete sample will be made before mass production. Designer will be on site to make sure it meets our design.
Order placed with manufacturer
Plastic Moldings for additional spacebars have finished
We are on track for manufacturing around end of this month
Group Buy has concluded:
Sold ClickClack.io: 199 sets
Sold in CN GB: around 400 sets